The Cenotaph was officially unveiled on the 15th July 1922 by Duke of Northumberland, and dedicated by Rev. F.L. Cattell, Vicar of St. Paul's Church. The memorial bears the names of the local dead who lost their lives in the First World War. Names for the Word War 2 were added later. Viewed from the roof of Spanish City.
Uploaded to Flickr by Simon_Cotterill on 20 March 2020
Location: Whitley Bay
Location type: Urban
OS Grid: NZ355727
Local Authority: North Tyneside
Nearest postcode: NE26 1BQ
(for sat-nav purposes only, a beach does not have a postal address!)